DEBRA Care Conference
Are YOU an adult with EB? Or do you have a child with EB? Are you and a family member/caregiver interested in attending the 2022 DEBRA of America Care Conference?
This year, DEBRA Canada will offer funding for 13 DEBRA Canada member family groups (two people per group = one patient and one caregiver) to attend the DEBRA of America 2022 Care Conference in Denver, Colorado, USA.
- By applying for funding you are assuming complete risk of travelling during the Covid-19 pandemic. DEBRA Canada does not take any responsibility for personal injury. If funding is granted, each traveller is responsible for purchasing the appropriate personal travel insurance.
- Funding does not include any additional hotel or airfare cost related to an extended stay due to a positive Covid-19 exposure.
- DEBRA Canada reserves the right to cancel funding at any point in the funding /registration process if a COVID-19 variant of concern presents too great a risk to our patient member families.
As an attendee, here is what you can expect:
- Hotel stay at the Omni Interlocken Hotel, an indoor, temperature-controlled luxury retreat nestled against the backdrop of the Rocky Mountains. Located approximately 28 miles (30 minutes) from The Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Entry to all educational sessions including presentations from top medical professionals on a broad range of areas in EB care
- Updates from the country’s leading EB researchers
- Access to wound care companies, supply distributors and patient advocacy partners
- Panel sessions and discussions with EB experts and community members
- Designated play areas with day-long kids’ activities and entertainment
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner for the three conference days - July 18, 19, 20 (see DEBRA USA FAQ section for more details!)
- Social activities through-out the span of the conference and more!
Details of DEBRA Canada funding for each (2-member) family funding provided would include the following:
- Economy Airfare (departure dependent on where each family resides in Canada)
- Congress Registration Bundle (includes hotel and food for all conference days: Sunday July 17 – Wednesday July 20 (check out is on Thursday, July 21)
- Includes food for evening of July 17, and three meals each day - July 18,19 and 20
- Includes a total food per diem of $355 CAN per family (for two travel days, July 17 and July 21).
Please note: Funding does NOT include:
- Any additional hotel or airfare costs related to an extended stay due to a positive Covid-19 exposure.
- Any additional costs related to upgrades on hotel room stay
- Any additional costs related to airline (i.e. flight upgrades or missed flights)
Notification of Selection...
Each application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Those DEBRA Canada member families selected to receive funding will be notified by phone and email (if provided) by Friday, April 29, 2022.
Submission deadline is Wednesday, April 13, 2022
We look forward to receiving your submission!
The DEBRA of America staff are excited to share important details about the conference with you ! To learn more about the conference, click here.
DOWNLOAD THE 2022 DCC TRAVEL APPLICATION FORM, CLICK HERE