DEBRA Canada's Vision and Mission
Creating a world where no one suffers from the painful, debilitating afflictions of the rare genetic skin condition, Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB).
We stand together for Canadians affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) in raising awareness, supporting the community through our programs, services, education, advocacy, and research.
- Provide a focal point to enable and empower individuals and families affected by EB to support one another by sharing their personal experiences and knowledge.
- Provide support to patients through the DEBRA Canada Medical Assistance Fund. The purpose of this fund is to provide financial assistance for medical and related expenses that are not covered by another health assistance plan from any level of government. The types of items that will be considered are varied and depend on the health plans of the respective provinces and territories.
- Increase awareness and knowledge of EB and DEBRA Canada throughout the country, but particularly at the government level and within the health and medical community.
- Act as an advocate for improvements in health, medical, educational, social, economic and government policies and services in both public and private institutions on behalf of all people affected by EB and their families.
- Organize meetings, roundtables and conferences for all people affected by EB, their families, caregivers, health and medical practitioners and government officials.
- Produce and publish information materials for the education, health and medical professions and the general public that will be available in both official languages.